In its updated guidance on celebrating the holidays safely, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says the best way to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 is to get fully vaccinated. Other tips include:
- Do not visit others or host events if you are sick.
- Wear a well-fitted mask in high-risk indoor spaces.
- Consider taking a rapid test (available at most pharmacies) the day of gatherings.
- Practice caution around people who are immunocompromised.
- Follow safety recommendations for traveling.