After careful consideration of current COVID-19 infection rates, BJC HealthCare and WashU Med have recently refined additional safety protocols. Here are the updated guidelines:
- Asymptomatic patients who are fully vaccinated and boosted are now exempt from pre-procedural testing in both Illinois and Missouri.
- Use of the daily screening tool is recommended but no longer required.
- Continue to stay home when sick and call the COVID-19 Exposure/Illness Hotline at 314-362-5056 for guidance if you have COVID symptoms, test positive or have a known exposure.
- Individual units can continue to use the symptoms screener as desired for activities.
- Masks are required in the link where there are connected clinical areas and where patients or patient visitors frequent.
- Masks are required when riding campus shuttles.
Learn more about Campus Safety Procedures.