While COVID-19 is not a foodborne illness, food-sharing often poses other risks, such as close contact and handling of utensils. For this reason:
- Do not organize work potlucks, bring in cakes or other food to share or have shared candy dishes.
- If food is provided for any reason, social distancing of at least 6 feet should be maintained.
- Do not use shared serving utensils.
- If food is provided for a business purpose, prepackaged or boxed meals are preferred.
- Ensure hand sanitizer is available where the food is being served, and that everyone performs hand hygiene prior to handling food or utensils.
- Limit table seating to one person unless individuals live in the same
household or if spacing is at least six feet apart.