WashU Med continues to closely monitor COVID-19 transmission in the community and on the Medical Campus. In response to a steep decline in case numbers, the following changes in safety protocols will take effect Monday, March 7:
- Masks continue to be required in all clinical spaces and in places where patients or patient visitors may be present including public spaces within clinical facilities, links between hospitals, and lobbies, elevators and waiting rooms in hospitals and clinics.
- Masks are optional in non-clinical spaces.
- See above for exceptions.
- Individuals should mask any time they have personal concerns, including but not limited to crowding, personal increased risk, or increased risk to loved ones or colleagues.
- No limits on gathering size or provision of food.
- Use the largest available space for large gatherings and avoid crowding especially for any activities that are required by work.
- No restrictions on campus visitors, including shadowing.
- Continue to stay home if you are sick. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, call the Exposure/Illness Hotline at 314-362-5056 for guidance.
These rules may change as disease activity changes and CDC guidelines and science advance, including potential return to more restricted guidance based on local conditions.